I really do not like that Thanksgiving was so close to Christmas this year. Its seems like I usually have a few more weeks to gather myself for Christmas but time just flew by this year!
My work Christmas party and Christmas with the Rigby's went very well and I am very lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. I got tons of new things, including diamond earrings from Jace and a Spot Bot from his parents. His grandparents were in town for the holidays and they are just too cute. I like when they are in town, everyone seems happier ;)
I left for TX on Saturday, with Sam in tow for our journey to Granny's house. The trip there was relatively smooth, Sam did better on the shorter flight into Waco than he did on the longer one from Denver to DFW. As expected, he was very happy to see Granny at the airport and we managed to get him outside in time so he could pee all his excitement out ;)
Sunday night we went to Sharon's house for a Christmas party. It was nice and the ribs were fabulous. Monday was Mom's dinner at la Fiesta with her girlfriends and Leeann and I tagged along for some super fabulous Tex Mex. Keep in mind this was after I had late night Whataburger the night before and Taco Bueno for lunch. I was a bad girl but man was it good!
Tuesday we saw Carma, Rodney, Mindi, Don, Nonie, Papa, Linda, and of course Harrison. He loved his gifts, although Mom's was a little advanced for his age. She got him a lego kit listed appropriate for a 7-year old! He opened it and you could see the confusion on his face. Thank goodness his Daddy likes to play with legos as well. That kid is was too cute for his own good. Nonie and Papa seem to be doing well and it was so good to see them again.
Wednesday was Christmas Eve and we went over to Maw Maw and Paw Paw's for appetizers, or "little food" as my Mom calls it. We played cards, Maw Maws favorite thing to do, and of course she whooped all of us. It was a very nice time.
Christmas day was lazy, as it should be. Mom got me an early present, my flat screen TV for my bedroom, a couple of weeks ago. She also got me a new pan and a hand mixer that I opened on Christmas day. She is bound and determined to make me into a chef ;) Leeann got me a speaker for my iPod that I have been wanting. Overall, a very nice day. Round two of Turkey was better than the first round. Something about cooking in the altitude makes things taste better at sea level.
Friday we drove to Dallas to see Reese, Jess and Jen. We spent the afternoon together and ate at Sicily's, yummy! Reese wasn't feeling good but we all had fun at Target checking out the clearance stuff. He cheered up toward the end of the afternoon before his nap. Seeing Jen and Jess was really nice. I have to see Jen every couple of months or I might lose my mind. Her and Jess are so much fun and the three of us are bound to be friends for a very long time.
On Saturday my flight didn't leave until 5:30 so I got to spend the day with my favorite person - my Mommy and Sam. We went to Walmart and just hung out before I had to go. My flight was delayed out of Waco so I should have known then that it would be delayed all the way through. It was really hard to leave Mom and Leeann and I sat on the other side of security and cried for about 30 minutes while waiting for my plane! I finally got into Denver around 11:30pm that night Jace was there right on time. Sam was very happy to see him, as was I.
I didn't take a single picture while I was there and my New Year's resolution is to be better about that. I took a few videos with my new pocket camera that my bosses got me but Ill have to figure all of that technology out later.
I had a wonderful holiday break and am a little happy to be back at work. I don't have any travel booked for 2009 as of yet so I am looking forward to a consistent and happy New Year. I hope all of you have a fabulous New Year as well. See you in 2009!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment